Useful information about Vietnam
Visa and passport to VietnamMost of the tourists will need Passport and visa for Vietnam, regardless of whether the arrival is by land, by sea or by air. We recommend to read the article Vietnam visa.
Vaccinations for VietnamIt is not necessary to be vaccinated to travel to Vietnam and not need immunization record to enter the country. However, the World Health Organization (who) recommended for any trip to Southeast Asia the following vaccines:
- Hepatitis A and B
Vietnam currencyThe currency of Vietnam is Vietnamese Dong (see Vietnam currency). No outdoor quoted and therefore, it is difficult to get change currency outside Vietnam Dong. It's best to use a local ATM a money exchange in Vietnam.
The conversion of the currency of Vietnam (Dong) against the euro is about 1 euro = 28,000 Vietnam Dong. Against the U.S. dollar is $1 = 20,000 Vietnam Dong.
Language in VietnamThe language of Vietnam is the Vietnamese language (see Language in Vietnam). Its pronunciation is similar to Chinese but writing is Latino.
Climate of VietnamVietnam is a country of tropical climate, so the climate of Vietnam is hot. Rainy season ranges from the months of May to November, although it varies depending on the area.
Weather in VietnamVietnam Weather: Weather Forecast for major cities of Vietnam:
When visiting Vietnam?The best times of year to visit Vietnam are:
- Lunar new year (Tết Festival): mid-February. Across the country celebrating this important event, decorating the streets and red-coloured houses.
- End of the rainy season: September, early October. Heat is not as stifling as in the time dry and we will make sure that the probability of rain is scarce
Time in VietnamVietnam is located in the GMT time zone, which means that in summer in Vietnam are 5 hours more than in Spain, and in winter in Vietnam are 6 hours more than in Spain.
Flight to VietnamMore information on Flight to Vietnam.
Flight time to VietnamA flight takes 14 hours to Vietnam because Vietnam is far 12,000 km from Spain.
Customs in VietnamA visitor can access Vietnam with:
- One liter of alcoholic beverage
- A maximum of 200 cigarettes
- A cash amount not exceeding U.S. 3$000
Food in VietnamThe food in Vietnam is quite varied. The use of pepper is not as common as in Thailand, but some may be slightly spicy dishes. For more information Vietnamese cuisine
Food in Vietnam
More information about Vietnam
- Travel to Vietnam Routes and points of Vietnam should visit during your trip to Vietnam
- Maps of Vietnam Planes, street maps with points of interest from major cities of Vietnam
- Shopping in Vietnam List 5 things you should buy for your trip to Vietnam
- Cities of Vietnam Guide to the major cities of Vietnam. Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hoi An, Danang, Hue...