Hue's Forbidden City
Inside the Hue Citadel lived the Emperor of Vietnam. A part of the complex was occupied by the Forbidden city of Hue or the Forbidden purple city.
Forbidden City. Hue, Vietnam
The only man who was allowed to cross the boundaries of the forbidden city was the Emperor, any other man who would dare, even crossing the thresholds of doors, It was punished with death.
The Queen Mother, the Empress, concubines and eunuchs were the only company of the Emperor within the confines of the forbidden purple city.
To access the forbidden city, the Emperor crossed Ngọ Mon gate or Door of the noon, leaving behind the balcony of 5 Phoenix for a bridge crossing a Lake full of lotus flowers.
Noon Gate. Imperial City. Hue, Vietnam
Gate and Bridge in the Forbidden City of Hue (Vietnam)
Pond with lotus flowers in the access bridge to the Forbidden City of Hue (Vietnam)
The Perfume RiverThe forbidden city of Hue is located in the southern part of the complex of the Citadel of Hue, and is flanked by the Perfume River.
Perfume River from the Forbidden City of Hue (Vietnam)
Perfume River. Hue (Vietnam)
Related Forbidden Purple City of Hue
- Hue Citadel Home of Emperors. Magic and tradition together in the most important tourist spot of Hue
- Imperial Tombs of Hue The seven imperial tombs of Hue memorial in honor of the Emperors
- Map of Hue Plano, map and street map with points of interest in the city of Hue
- Hoi An The neighboring town of Hoi An, small fishing village with a beautiful Japanese Covered Bridge
- Travel to Vietnam Routes and points of Vietnam should visit during your trip to Vietnam
- Cities of Vietnam Guide to the major cities of Vietnam, for example Hoi An, Danang and Hue