Travel tips in Vietnam
Visa and passport to VietnamBefore trip to Vietnam, the first recommendation is the Passport and visa for Vietnam. A visa is required to travel to Vietnam. We recommend to read the article Vietnam visa or contact the Embassy of Vietnam.
Vaccines required for travel to VietnamIt is not necessary to be vaccinated to travel to Vietnam, nor is us required Primer of vaccination at the time of entering the country.
Vietnam currency: money in VietnamThe official currency of Vietnam is Vietnamese Dong (see Vietnam currency), although in the tourist places accept American dollars and even Euros (Note: only accept banknotes, do not accept coins). Vietnamese Dong is not listed on the market, which means that it will be difficult to get Vietnamese Dong outside Vietnam. The best recommendation is to use a cash machine to our arrival in Vietnam or of changes in the country house and to not go short of cash, take some Euros or dollars.
The official exchange rate of the currency of Vietnam (Dong) against the euro corresponds approximately to 28,000 Vietnam Dong per Euro. Regarding the 20,000 Dollar Vietnam Dong.
Language in VietnamVietnamese is the official language of Vietnam (see Language in Vietnam). Latin script and similar to the Chinese pronunciation. English is spoken in the tourist areas, but recommend you to take a small Pocket Dictionary (any phone last generation, either an iPhone or an Android have dictionary applications in several languages, that will be very useful in according to situations).
Climate of Vietnam, Vietnam temperatureVietnam's climate is hot and humid, Vietnam is a country tropical . The tropical climate of Vietnam has only 2 seasons: the dry season and the rainy season (although in the North of Vietnam, have 4 stations, for example in the mountainsSapa). Rainy season ranges from the months of May to November, although it varies depending on the area. We recommend you to take a PoleStar better than an umbrella and walking plastic flip-flops (as do the Vietnamese), as they are fresh, light and dries out easily in case of rain.
the SunIn Vietnam the hot sun strongly recommend to use sunscreen at all times, sunglasses, hat or cap. Also long sleeves and long pants (of tissues such as flax) to prevent sunburn.
Weather in VietnamThe weather in Vietnam, updated today with 7 days forecast for major cities of Vietnam:
When visiting Vietnam?Our recommendation when visiting Vietnam is:
- Lunar new year (Tết Festival): corresponds in mid-February, it is the equivalent of Christmas and new year. Referred to as Chinese new year and Lunar New year. Vietnam celebrate this important moment of the calendar, engalonandose red (streets and houses).
- End of the rainy season: September, early October. The temperature is not so high and the chance of rain will be much lower
Customs in VietnamUnder the regulations, a tourist can access leading Vietnam:
- Alcohol: a liter of spirits
- Snuff: maximum 200 cigarettes
- Cash: the amount of cash can not exceed 3000 USD
Food in VietnamThe Vietnamese cuisine is vast and varied, usually the food is not spicy, but the use of spicy, especially chili, is common (not as much as in Thailand), we recommend carefully reading the menu in restaurants or ask the waiters. For more information Vietnamese cuisine
Food in Vietnam
Foor court in Ho Chi Minh City. Vietnam
More on Recommendations in Vietnam
- Travel to Vietnam Routes and points of Vietnam should visit during your trip to Vietnam
- Maps of Vietnam Planes, street maps with points of interest from major cities of Vietnam
- Shopping in Vietnam List 5 things you should buy for your trip to Vietnam
- Cities of Vietnam Guide to the major cities of Vietnam. Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hoi An, Danang, Hue,...
- Weather in Vietnam Weather forecast for five days of the main cities in Vietnam