Bun Bo HueBun Bo Hue is a spicy soup with rice noodles and pork leg, typical of the region in the center of Vietnam, Hue, here's the Bun Bo Hue recipe for two people.
- preparation time: 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Difficulty: low.
- Price: 15$.
Ingredients to prepare Bun Bo HueIngredients and quantities to prepare Bun Bo Hue for 2 people:
Note: here you have a list of sites buy Asian ingredients in Madrid and also a list of Asian products online stores.
- rice noodles (bun), but noodles is Phở type also are worth 200 gr
- Osso bucco or veal, bo 300gr morcillo
- pig's trotters (cut 2 handyman in 3 parts)
- white bone of beef ( 300 gr)
- citronella ( 5 whole sticks)
- seeds of achiote (curry beans), annatto seeds ( 2 tablespoons)
- Lima ( 1 unit cut into quarters)
- onion and/or chives ( 1 unit)
- water spinach (Chinese spinach or rau muống)
- Bean sprouts
- Outbreaks of banana
- Shrimp Pasta
- Chili paste
- 2 dried chillies or chilli seeds
- red sweet paprika
- Olive oil
Photos of the ingredients for the recipe of Bun Bo Hue
Rau Muong - Water Spinach - Spinach Chinese
Hiebra lemon (citronella) frozen
Meat and bone white knuckle of veal
Chinese noodles (bun)
Shrimp paste (mam ruốc)
Spicy Shrimp Pasta
Achiote seeds - beans curry
Curry seeds (annatto seed)
Where to buy the ingredients for the Bun Bo Hue RecipeYou can find all ingredients to prepare the recipe for Bun Bo Hue in supermarkets Iberochina Street General Margallo.
- Water spinach: (Chinese spinach or Rau muống). In the supermarket of Plaza de España or in the street General Margallo (Photo 3).
- Citronella: (herb lemon, lemon grass). In General Margallo, in the Iberochina supermarket. In the great (Photo 3) sold frozen buds, in the small (Photo 2) sold citronella in dust.
- Shrimp pasta: (Mắm ruốc). In General Margallo, in the little shop that seems Philippine (Photo 2).
- Rice paste noodles: (bun). Iberochina, on calle General Margallo (Photo 3).
- Cilantro: in almost any grocery store. Also iberochina (Photo 3) of General Margallo Street.
- Chili paste, chili seeds: supermarkets iberochina (Photo 2 and photo 3).
- Pig's trotters, beef bones, veal: any butcher.
- Paste of pork: in the small shop Street General Margallo (Photo 2), although I recommend buying any mercadona chopped or similar.
- Lima: mercadona, carrefour, alcampo and similar.
- Soybeans: iberochina (Photo 3), carrefour, supercor.
- Chives: supercor, carrefour and iberochina (Photo 3)
Photo 1: Asian supermarket Principe Pio, Madrid
Photo 2: Asian supermarket Iberochina General Margallo
Photo 3: Chinese Supermarket Iberochina
Photo 4: Asian Exotic Plants
Preparation of Bun Bo Hue
- Boil 3 litres of water in a pot, when ebulla miss the handyman of pork, beef and morcillo, beef bone, citronella, shrimp paste and chillies. Lower the intensity of the fire and remove impurities from the stock from time to time.
- FRY in a pan with olive oil seeds of achiote, when the seed purchase a black color, remove seeds oil (e.g., with a colander). Add the paprika and chili paste, Saute lightly and add to the broth.
- Reduce the broth to fire beguinners.
- Boiling water to prepare noodles to the dente, we will need more or less time depending on the thickness of the noodles, usually between 5-10 minutes.
- Separate the meat from the broth to present, It is cut into very thin slices to juliana.
- Add the meat item to the broth along with the coriander, soybeans, water spinach, outbreaks of banana, a little onion, a few seeds of chilli and lime juice.
Preparation of Bun Bo Hue accompanimentWe removed spinach leaves water and the bottom of the stem. With a knife we leave the stalks in half in book form. The file the leave in 4 parts crescent.
Put on a plate condiments, ie, lime, bean sprouts, water spinach and optionally starting lettuce. In a separate small bowl, put chilli seeds or chili paste.
And this is the end result, what we called Bun Bo Hue made in Spain.
More recipes and Vietnamese dishes
- Vietnamese Recipes and Cuisine Our complete list of Vietnamese Recipes
- Vietnamese Rolls Recipe The famous Vietnamese rolls, the international recipe Vietnamese cuisine
- Pho Recipe The quintessential breakfast of the Vietnamese: the rice noodle soup Pho
- Recipe Rice with Squid A peculiar recipe risotto with squid Vietnamese