What to see and do in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)?
For tourists and visitors to Vietnam who wonder what to see and do in Ho Chi Minh City? (Saigon), here are a few suggestions.
What to visit in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)?
The city of Ho Chi Minh City (formerly known as Saigon), is the city with more bikes in the world, capital of the South of Vietnam, non stop visit:
- Reunification Palace Saigon: monument that played an important role in the political history of Vietnam.
- Notre Dame Cathedral: beautiful Cathedral built by the French, close the Reunification Palace Saigon.
- Central Post Office in Ho Chi Minh: in front of the Cathedral of Notre Dame, built by the Gustave Eiffel himself.
- City Ho Chi Minh City: also known as People's Committee, in the heart of the city.
- Opera: also called The Opera House. Lovely building located very near the town hall and in the business of big brands.
- Ben Thanh Market: huge market day and night in the heart of the city. Shopping for excellence and typical atmosphere of markets. There we can buy anything and also lunch and dinner at any of the restaurants in its interior or exterior.
- Torre Bitexco: the skyscrapers of the city and the second tallest building in the country. Built by the same architects who study carried out the hotel Burj al Arab in Dubai (hence his likeness). Also called Building Lotus
- Vietnam War museum: place where know first-hand that part of history, the Guerra of Vietnam (Virtual Visit to the Vietnam War museum).
- The Cu Chi Tunnels: lattice of tunnels dug during the French invasion that were key in the Vietnamese victory at the Guerra of Vietnam.
- Shopping in Saigon: we tell you where the best shops, shopping streets, markets and shopping malls in the former Saigon.
- Cao Dai Temple in Tay Ninh: excursion together with the tunnels of Cu Chi, the Holy See Cao Dai at Tay Ninh province.
Visual Guide Ho Chi Minh City
The Reunification Palace SaigonReunification Palace Saigon.
Notre Dame CathedralNotre Dame Cathedral.
Post OfficeCentral Post Office in Ho Chi Minh.
City of Ho Chi Minh CityCity Ho Chi Minh City.
Ben Thanh MarketBen Thanh Market.
Torre BitexcoTorre Bitexco.
Vietnam War museumOverview Vietnam War museum.
Virtual Visit to the Vietnam War museum.
What to do in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)?After the visit of clerics to all tourist spots in the city of Ho Chi Minh, if there is still time and energy we recommend:
The Cu Chi TunnelsThe Cu Chi Tunnels.
Cao Dai Temple in Tay NinhCao Dai Temple in Tay Ninh.
The Jade Emperor PagodaThe Jade Emperor Pagoda.
Tan Dinh: Rosa ChurchTan Dinh - The pink church.
Hoang Van Thu ParkHoang Van Thu Park.
Shopping in SaigonShopping in Saigon.
More information on Ho Chi Minh City
- Where to eat in Ho Chi Minh City Recommendations for places to eat good, nice and cheap in Saigon
- Where to stay in Ho Chi Minh City Recommendations of various accommodations and prices to Saigon
- What to see and do in Vietnam Vietnam travel guide with suggestions on what to see and do
- Information about Vietnam Information, advice and tips for preparing the trip to Vietnam