Ho Chi Minh City formerly Saigon
The city of Ho Chi Minh city, is the capital of the South of Vietnam, second city of the country (after Hanoi) And the westernmost city in all of Vietnam.
Ho Chi Minh City, or Ho Chi Minh City, was formerly known as Saigon, but changed its name after the Vietnam war. The Vietnamese Party decided to re-bautizar the city of Saigon as Ho Chi Minh City so to inform the leader Vietnamese Ho Chi Minh, whose remains lie in a mausoleum in Hanoi.
Ho Chi Minh City
The Ho Chi MinhFor the great avenues of Ho Chi Minh city blends tradition and modernity in an amazing way. It is quite common to see down the street wearing the traditional Vietnamese girls Vietnamese costume while driving his motorcycle to move from one place to another in Saigon.
Modernity and tradition in Ho Chi Minh City - motorcycle girl with Vietnamese costume
Travel Ho Chi Minh CityOnce on land at Tan Son Nhat Airport in Ho Chi Minh City be surprised the amount of bikes that circulate through the streets of Saigon. And no wonder since Ho Chi Minh City has the largest concentration of motorbikes in the world Guinness record. The streets of the former Saigon are 6 million motorcycles, where the population of Ho Chi Minh City are 8 million people.
Weather and temperature of Ho Chi Minh CityThe Ho Chi Minh City has a warmer climate than Hanoi (see Weather in Hanoi), Since it is the south. The average temperature of Ho Chi Minh city rarely lower than 25 º C and the humidity is high, as it is located almost at sea level and close to the coast. It has only two seasons: the dry season and the rainy season.
The rainy in Ho Chi Minh City includes the months may, June, July, August and September.
Best time to visit Ho Chi Minh CityUndoubtedly the two best times to visit the Ho Chi Minh City are:
- Tet Festival: Lunar New Year in February.
- End of the rainy season: in October
Ho Chi Minh City at nightThe Ho Chi Minh City is transformed into a city full of colored lights in the style of Tokyo, during your trip to the city of Saigon, do not miss the opportunity to enjoy the Vietnamese night in Ho Chi Minh City.
Ho Chi Minh City
Recommendations and practical information on Ho Chi Minh City
- Shopping in Saigon shopping guide in the city of Ho Chi Minh
- What to see and do in Ho Chi Minh City? Visual guide on tourist spots and places to visit in Saigon
- Where to eat in Ho Chi Minh City Recommendations for restaurants and places to eat and dine in Ho Chi Minh City
- Where to stay in Ho Chi Minh City Suggested hotels to stay in Ho Chi Minh City
- Map of Ho Chi Minh City Callejos, plans and maps of the city of Ho Chi Minh
- The weather in Ho Chi Minh City Weather forecast for 5 days to Saigon