How to Ao Dai (Vietnamese Dress)
Many women would like to have in their closet an Ao Dai (Vietnamese costume), however get an Ao Dai outside Vietnam is very difficult.
As alternatives, there are only 3: buy an Ao Dai in Vietnam, order an Ao Dai to a tailor in Vietnam and to send to you or make an Ao Dai by ourselves.
How to make an Ao Dai (Vietnamese Dress)
Vietnamese dress Designs
Vietnamese Ao Dai Costume Model
Make a Vietnamese Dress Ao Dai DYI
Measures for a Vietnamese Dress
To make our own costume Vietnamese Ao Dai have to take the following measures:
- Dress length: must measure from neck to ankle.
- Sleeve: measure from the nape to the wrist.
- Arm: measure from the shoulder to the wrist.
- Armpit: measure the diameter of the armpit.
- Bicep: measured diameter at the height of the biceps.
- Elbow: measure the diameter of the arm to the elbow.
- Neck: measure the neck diameter.
- Chest: measure the circumference of the chest.
- Upper Bust: measure the contour of the breast, by the top of the bust.
- Neck: measure from neck to chest by the height of the nipple.
- Bust: measure distance between the breasts at nipple height.
- Waist: measure the circumference of the waist.
- Back: measure width of back using the distance between armpits.
- Shoulder: measure distance between shoulders.
- Back Length: measure distance from the neck to the waist.
- Top part: measure distance from neck to waist.
- Hips: measure hips diameter.
- Trousers: measure from the waist to the floor.
- Thigh: measure the contour of the thigh.
- Knee: measure diameter of the knee.
How to take measurement for a Vietnamese Dress Ao Dai step by stepWe show graphically how to take action to make a Vietnamese Ao Dai dress.
Ao Dai length
Manga Ao Dai
Ao Dai Arm
Ao Dai Armpit
Ao Dai Biceps
Ao Dai Elbow
Ao Dai Neck
Ao Dai Chest
Ao Dai chest high
Neckline to Ao Dai
Bust of Ao Dai
Ao Dai Waist
Back Ao Dai
Shoulders of the Ao Dai
Back length Ao Dai
Top Ao Dai
Ao Dai Hips
Ao Dai trousers
Ao Dai thigh
Ao Dai Knee