Vietnamese risotto with squid the recipe for risotto with Squid Vietnamese is a soft dish based on rice that the Vietnamese people usually Cook to settle the stomach. Its original name is Chao Muc (Chao Theo), which literally means rice with Squid.
Details Vietnamese recipe risotto with squid
- preparation time: 30 minutes.
- Difficulty: low.
- Price: 8€.
Ingredients to prepare Muc Chao (Rice with Squid)
This is the list of ingredients to prepare the recipe for risotto with Squid for 2 people:
Note: here you have a list of sites buy Asian ingredients in Madrid and also a list of Asian products online stores.
- 200 g of rice (preferably rice Asian, for example Thai rice scented Jasmine)
- 100 g of squid medium
- prawns 50 gr
- 100 gr of mushrooms (optional)
- 1/4 of an onion
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 bunch of bean sprouts
- 1 lima
- 1 chili pepper
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of yeast of chicken (a little pill avecrem / knor is also true)
- Fish sauce
- a piece of ginger (optional)
- Olive oil
Preparation of Rice with Squid Chao Muc caldoso
- We clean the squid by removing the dark part of the skin, eyes and the bag (we can clean them with white wine to make it nice smell and taste).
- Once clean and dry, cut the squid into rings.
- Peel and wash shrimp. If the shrimp are large split him in half.
- Put in a bowl the squid, prawns and sauce pesacado cover. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Wash and cut the mushrooms into small pieces.
- Cut the onion.
- Wash the rice to remove any impurities that may have. We dry and lightly toasted in the pan being careful not to burn the rice.
- 2 liters of water put in a container and add the rice. Cook over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes until the rice and water to form the soup (occasionally remove impurities from the broth with a spoon).
- While rice is cooking, fry in olive oil in a skillet squid and prawns. Add salt, baking chicken, mushrooms and fry for 5 minutes over low heat (if you prefer the fried onion, add it).
- Once the rice is ready, add the squid and shrimp mixture to the soup and cook for another 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Wash bean sprouts, scallions and cilantro. Cut the onion into small pieces.
- Cut the lime in half, and cut ginger and chopped chilli.
Serve the risotto with squid Vietnamese
- Put the soup into a bowl and add the scallions on top and cilantro.
- In a separate dish, put the bean sprouts, ginger and chilli.
Chao advices Muc
- Optionally you can add whole onion (vegetables hanh Huong or hanh tim). To do this we have to Brown it together with the rice before adding to the soup.
- In Vietnam this recipe is added squid and dried shrimp.
- To achieve different textures, different classes can be mixed with rice.