The bridge over the Hau River in Can Tho City
The city of Can Tho, Mekong Delta, had his moment of glory on April 24, 2010 when opened the Can Tho bridge.
this enormous bridge, which rises on the Hau River, is the symbol of the progress of Vietnam and a milestone of modern architecture and design, in addition Can Tho bridge is one of the most important in the city of Can Tho tourist attractions.
The Can Tho Bridge - Vietnam
Information on the Can Tho Bridge
The Can Tho bridge stands on the Hau River, the most important river in the Mekong Delta, and its objective is to improve communications between Can Tho and Vinh Long provinces.
The construction of the bridge in Can Tho region marked a before and after in the economic development of the region.
Data Can Tho Bridge
Classification of Can Tho BridgeIt Can Tho bridge is a Cable-stayed bridge, i.e., the structure is based on several pillars and is suspended by cables.
Measures Can Tho Bridge
- The tour total bridge is 15.85 miles, being the size of the main bridge 2.75 miles.
- Can Tho bridge width is 26 meters, which translates to 4 lanes and 2 wide verges (initially intended for pedestrians, but in reality are taken over by motorcycle).
- The highest point of the bridge is 171 meters in height.
- The bridge has been suspended by 1010 kilometers of cable.
Cost of Can Tho BridgeThe total cost of the project was 342 million dollars, what becomes the most expensive of Vietnam bridge to the Can Tho bridge. The bridge was funded with the help of Japan, which contributed 85% of the cost of the bridge.
Plaque in Can Tho Bridge
Works of Can Tho Bridge
The Can Tho bridge construction work started on 25 September 2004 and ended on April 12, 2010.
However, the bridge was officially inaugurated and opened to traffic on April 24, 2010.
Accidents at work during construction of Can Tho Bridge
Unfortunately the September 26, 2007 a section of 90 meters from the bridge collapsed, falling from a height of 30 meters, with a result of 54 people killed and 140 injured.
This is the largest construction accident throughout Vietnam.
The Vietnamese Government took letters in the subject condemning Japanese companies Taisei and Kajima Construction, being directly responsible for the safety of the works of construction of the bridge in July of 2009.
Related to Can Tho Bridge
- Can Tho Information about the city of Can Tho. Sights, travel guides and photos of Can Tho
- Halong Halong region is known primarily for Halong Bay
- Travel to Vietnam Routes and points of Vietnam should visit during your sightseeing tour in Vietnam
- Cities of Vietnam Guide to the major cities of Vietnam. Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hoi An, Danang, Hue...