Structure and composition of Vietnamese names
Vietnamese names have structure and somewhat differently to the European or American names. Here we will try to explain a little more about Vietnamese culture and Vietnamese names. As curiosity will say that the most popular Vietnamese name is Nguyen.
Examples of Vietnamese names
Best to explain how they form Vietnamese names are examples:
- Nguyen Thi Minh Thu
- Le Anh Khoi Nguyen
Structure of a Vietnamese name
After seeing the above examples, we will explain the structure of Vietnamese names:
- The first part of the Vietnamese name is the family name, in the West is known as surname.
- According to tradition Vietnamese, then goes a particle to indicate whether it is male or female, although not all Vietnamese continue this tradition. Anh or Văn mens and Womens thi.
- The third part of the name is the compound name, in the case that has it (in america the equivalent is the middle name or middle name).
- The last part of a Vietnamese name is the given name.
Continuing with the previous examples:
- Nguyen Thi Thu Minh Nguyen is the surname, Thi to indicate that she is a woman, Minh Thu compound name and the name of this woman.
- Le Anh Khoi Nguyen: He is the last, because it is man Anh, Khoi Nguyen compound name and the name of this man.
Curiosities of Vietnamese names
The most popular full name is Nguyen in Vietnam, which was the name of the Emperors of Hue.
Meaning of a Vietnamese name
Vietnamese names are usually chosen words that have some meaning, for example there are names that mean diamond, snow, Gentile, flower, mighty, etc.
Would you like to know what is the meaning of the Vietnamese name of your son?, Preguntanoslo in Vietnamese names forum.
Vietnamese names related
- Adoption in Vietnam International adoption process in Vietnam to adopt a Vietnamese child
- Curiosities of Vietnam List of odd things that probably were unaware of Vietnam
- Tips for traveling to Vietnam Advice and practical information to prepare the trip to Vietnam
- Provinces of Vietnam List of all the provinces that form Vietnam and 5 independent cities