Banh Xeo Vietnamese Pancakes
Banh Xeo, or Vietnamese pancakes is a great way to prepare an exotic dinner with Oriental hues soon.
The Banh Xeo patties are a main dish, which is served hot, because the patties are fried, very easy to prepare and very popular within the Vietnamese.
Details Vietnamese Banh Xeo pancakes recipe
- total time: 40 minutes.
- preparation time: 40 minutes.
- time: 10 minutes.
- Difficulty: average.
- Price: 7€.
Recipe ingredients Banh Xeo Vietnamese pancake
Ingredients and quantities for cooking pancakes Vietnamese Banh Xeo for 2 people:
Note: here you have a list of sites buy Asian ingredients in Madrid and also a list of Asian products online stores.
- rice flour 150 grams (sold in Mercadona)
- Maizena 2 tablespoons
- eggs 2
- coconut milk 2 tablespoons
- prawns 200 grams
- pork tenderloin 100 grams
- Soybean sprouts 20 grams
- carrot 1/4 drive
- rice paper 4 blades (optional)
- buds of lettuce 1 unit (optional)
- chives 1 piece
- garlic 1 clove
- fresh red chili 1/2 chili
- Lima 1/2 piece
- fish sauce 10 milliliters
- oil 5 milliliters (to cover the bottom of the skillet)
- salt a pinch
- sugar a pinch
Preparation of Pancakes Recipe Banh Xeo Vietnamese
- Peel and wash the prawns then dried.
- Put the shrimp in a bowl and add a pinch of salt and a pinch of sugar. Let macerate for 10 minutes.
- Wash and cut the meat into strips, and like the prawns, maceramos for 10 minutes with salt and sugar.
- Heat oil in a skillet and add the meat, fry the meat and when ready, add the prawns.
- Stir the meat and shrimp for a couple of minutes and remove the set of fire.
- We put the big meal of rice in a bowl, add eggs, coconut milk and the cornstarch.
- Slowly add hot water so do not dilute much.
- Cut and add the chives to the mass.
- Wash the bean sprouts and set aside.
How to cook pancakes Banh Xeo Vietnamese
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan.
- When the oil is hot Add the mixture of meat and prawns, some 2-3 shrimp and about 2-3 strips of meat.
- Add the dough to the Pan so that it covers the bottom of the Pan, but do not put high mass, just enough so that a thread covers the pan.
- Add the bean sprouts to the Pan between 3 and 10 outbreaks.
- Cover the Pan and wait 3 minutes until the dough is ready, at that time will change color and will be yellow.
- We sit the pancake in half and remove from pan.
- Repeat to cook 2 or 3 pancakes per person.
Sauce for Vietnamese Banh Xeo Pancakes
- Cut the carrot into thin slices.
- We put a little salt to the carrots and mix using your hands until the carrots have a soft touch (salt makes that carrots are not broken when mixing them).
- We wash carrots to remove any other salt and dried.
- We cut the chili and garlic into small cubes.
- Add hot water in a bowl (about 10 tablespoons).
- Add sugar to the hot water and stir.
- Once well mixed, Add carrot, garlic, chili and fish sauce, put 1/2 tablespoon of fish sauce for each tablespoon of water.
- Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lime.
How to serve the Vietnamese Banh Xeo Pancakes
- We wash the lettuce and put in a dish apart.
- We put the cakes Bánh Xèo in another dish.
- We use another dish to rice paper.
- Rice paper is very hard, with what in a bow put some water to soften the rice paper wet with the fingertips.
- Once moist and moldable rice paper, we put medium pancake with a bit of lettuce in the Center and wind.
- Dip the rolls in sauce.