The natural place where the waterfall is located is very beautiful, full of green pines is a forest of more than 100 years. Datanla empties into a Lake, Tuyen Lam Lake.
Datanla cataract has a 20-meter drop, facilities include a few wooden bridges to cross from one side to another and also to observe from above the waterfall.
The final part of the waterfall is known with the name of arroyo de las hadas (Suoi Tien). This part of the cataract is very special since soil is made up of layers of natural marble, and on the shores there are some statues of fairies by pouring water on the water flow.
They are necessary between 10 and 15 minutes to walk across the waterfall, but the ride is worth.
Location of the Falls of Da Lat
Datanla falls are located 5 km south of the city of Da Lat, on the road that leads to the mountain Prenn and falls of the same name, Prenn falls.
Entrance fee to the falls Datanla
To access the enclosure of the cataract is to pay 10. 000VND (about 30 cents).
In the forests surrounding the waterfall Datanla also we have an Adventure Park, where we can practice canoping, rappel, zip line and climbing a cliff. Datanla adventure park also has a kind of wooden roller coaster, in which us slide in a small skateboard with wheels on a journey among the trees.
The price of the entrance of the waterfall Datanla does not include the Adventure Park, which is paid separately. Its cost is 100.000VND (4€).
Legend of cataract Datanla
The name of the waterfall, Datanla, means water under the leaves, name that explains the origin of the falls, based on three Vietnamese legends.
- Legend has it that fairies came to bathe in this lake, so crystalline waters, and discovered the falls plunge (since the leaves float on the water surface).
- Another legend however, says the brave Klang met his beloved Ho Biang, the queen of the mountains here. One day, Klang had a fierce battle with snakes, wolves and foxes, during the struggle to derivatives trees were digging into his stride and the guns fall Datanla cataract.
- The last legend says that these falls, the waters that are hidden under leaves, helped defend the nearby village of invading enemy soldiers as they sank into the water they could not see because it was covered by leaves.
Cam Ly Falls
Located about 2 km west of the Centre of Da Lat, Cam Ly falls are very famous are located within the town of Da Lat. Cam Ly waterfall has a height of 30 metres, where the water flow is divided by the action of a huge granite rocks. At the foot of the waterfall, we have a garden full of flowers.
View Cam Ly waterfall, Da Lat
They are at the foot of the mountain Prenn, 10 kilometers south of Da Lat and at the end of the road which leads to Datanla falls. It is a waterfall of 10 meters height, where the cataract falls water simulates a curtain of water. In addition to the Cathar, Prenn waterfall nearby you can visit a zoo.
The Voi falls are also known as cataratas Lieng Rowoa, whose translation is elephant falls. They are about 40 meters waterfalls, located in a high 30 meters above the ground.
Voi Cataract is located about 60 kilometers southwest of Da Lat.
If you liked the Da Lat Falls
- Dalat The city of lovers in the Highlands, Dalat, lakes, mountains, waterfalls and flower gardens
- Sapa The city of the mountains, the hiking paradise and home to the ethnic groups of Vietnam
- Halong Bay The most famous bay of Vietnam and candidate for the 7 Wonders of the World
- Cities of Vietnam Tourism in Vietnam's cities: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hue, Hoi An, Danang,...