Churros are an excellent breakfast, must accompany with a good hot chocolate and a generous sugar handful.
Churros are breakfast typical Spanish from a few years ago, in addition to the tradition of new year's Eve. For those who dare to prepare a few churros at home, we show here how.
Details Churros Recipe
- total time: 10 minutes.
- preparation time: 5 minutes.
- Difficulty: low.
- Price: 2$.
- Rating: 5 out of 5.
Ingredients for Churros
1 dozen of churros (half a dozen churros per person):
- Flour 80 grams (size is half a cup of flour per person)
- Water 80 milliliters (the same amount of water as flour)
- Oil 150 milliliters (olive or sunflower oil)
- Sugar to taste
- Salt a pinch
Preparation of churros (dough fritters)
The first thing we need to do is prepare the dough for the churros.
- We pour water into a saucepan (1 glass of water for every 2 people booked).
- We put in a bowl the flour (same amount of flour to water).
- We took a pinch of salt to the water and heat it.
- When the water is boiling, we miss blow all the water on the flour.
- With the help of a fork mix water and flour until you have a dough.
Preparing churros & serving churrosAt this point of the Churro recipe, a churro maker (churrera) is essential. We can buy a churro maker in any pastry shop, hardware and even chinese stores. The price of a churrera churro maker is around 2$. This is the aspect of a Churro maker to prepare churros:
Detail of churros recipeHere we explain the steps to prepare and fry the churros. At the end of the recipe you have a video to show you how to prepare the churros.
- We introduce the batter churros within the Churro maker.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and wait until the oil is very hot.
- With the help of the Churro maker, we'll throwing the dough for churros in the skillet. Cut your finger churros mass to have separate churros or we can pour the dough into the Pan and then cut.
- Gilded churros in the skillet, turning the churro if necessary.
- We get the churros from skillet draining the oil.
- We put sugar to churros and enjoy!.