Information about Pakse
The city of Pakse, even being the 4th largest city in Laos, is barely 90,000. Travellers to Laos Pakse chosen as a base to visit the southern part of Laos, as the city of Pakse International Airport features (see Pakse Airport).
Pakse is a quiet town, where life runs on the banks of the Mekong River. The whole area of Indo-China has great French influence, as well as the nearby city of Savannakhet. Undoubtedly the best example is the old French bridge over the River Don Xe (also called Sedone River).
What to see and do in Pakse
In the city of Pakse there isn't much to see touristically speaking, the attractions of the city are reduced to a couple of temples (Wat Phabad and Wat Luang), the Provincial Museum of the Champasak, Pakse market, the French about the Xe Don River Bridge and Stadium of Pakse.
The main attraction of sightseeing is located in the surroundings of Pakse, for example:
- The beautiful temple Vat Phou very similar to the temples of Angkor in Cambodia.
- Bolaven Plateau the place where there is one of the best Arabica coffee in the world.
- Bolaven Plateau of cataracts can enjoy a stunning water falls within a radius of 40 km from Pakse.
- A few hours south of Pakse we Si Phan Don, the area known as the Mekong 4000 islands.
More information What to see and do in Pakse.
Restaurants Pakse: where to eat in Pakse
Pakse, there are a variety of restaurants, the vast majority of them price is very affordable. Pakse we have from fast-food pizza, pasta and burgers to Street restaurants with excellent food Laotian, chic restaurants are reserved to the most expensive hotels in the area.
More information where to eat in Pakse.
Accommodation in Pakse: Pakse where to sleep
Hotels for every taste and pocket, more than enough to enjoy without spending much money Pakse without renouncing foreign facilities.
More information where to sleep in Pakse.
Transportation in Pakse
In Laos there is railway line but it is not very developed, best as road transport is the bus. Although in Pakse can rent bicycles, motorbikes and cars without a driver. Pakse has 2 bus stations with international routes (buses between Laos and Thailand, Laos and Cambodia) and also buses from domestic routes (night buses to Luang Prabang and Vientiane), in addition to International Airport.
More information transport in Pakse.
Money in Pakse
The currency of Laos is Lao Kip, whose value is 8,000 kip = 1$. There are ATMs that dispense Kip on the main street of the city of Pakse. This place is easy to find lots of travel agencies and guesthouses where you change currency. There are ATMs and a small Exchange House in Pakse international airport.
Map of Pakse
Pakse is a small town, being able to explore the city from one end to another in just a 15-minute walk. It boils down to a main avenue and parallel streets that cross the city of Pakse.
Travel agencies in Pakse
To book tours, bus tickets and visit the area of Pakse and surroundings (Bolaven Plateau and the Mekong Islands 4000), it is cheaper to hire a tour directly in Pakse. In the main street of Pakse are several local travel agencies.
Photos of Pakse
Here you have a graphical display of the small town of Pakse: its streets, buildings and the beautiful blue sky above southern Laos.
- What to see and do in Pakse all tourist spots in and around Pakse
- Where to eat in Pakse recommendations for restaurants in the city of Pakse (Champasak, Laos)
- Where to stay in Pakse recommendations of hotels and hostels in the city of Pakse (Champasak, Laos)
- Transportation in Pakse bus stations, bicycle hire and motorbike in Pakse
- Vat Phou the temple and sanctuary of Vat Phou (Wat Phu) south of Pakse
- Bolaven Plateau Waterfalls Tad Fane waterfalls, Tad Lo, Tad Suong, Tad Yuang and Phaxuam cliff
- Si Phan Don 4000 Islands of the Mekong River, south of Pakse route to Cambodia
- Savannakhet General tourist information and the colonial city of Savannakhet