Itineraries for Laos
No doubt the North of Laos is much nicer than the South, that great part of travelers choose to focus only on the part North of Laos, but southern Laos has many places to do and many things to do.
Routes of northern Laos
Any tour or tour of northern Laos has compulsorily visit Vientiane, the capital of Laos, and of course Luang Prabang, city patrimony of the humanity.
Routes through Southern Laos
The tourist landmark in southern Laos is the city of Pakse, since its location is the best way to visit the famous area of Si Phan Don (popularly known as the) 4000 Islands of the Mekong() and the Bolaven Plateau.
The southern part of Laos is often used as connection a combined travel Laos and Cambodia, being very popular sail boat southern Laos with direction to the Temples of Angkor in the city of Siem Reap (Cambodia).
Places to visit in Laos
A possible trip to Laos should encompass both the northern and southern Laos. We recommend you begin the journey to Laos by the South, since the North is more beautiful and cities like Luang Prabang eclipsed any other part of Laos visiting then.
What to see in Laos? How many days are needed to visit Laos?
Our recommendation is that they are necessary between 6 and 8 days to visit the North of Laos and between 4 and 6 days to visit the South of Laos.
Suggested trip to Laos and itinerary for Laos
A possible tourist itinerary for Laos, starting in the south and ending in the north, visiting the highlights of Laos could be the following:
- Savannakhet (1 day): the small colonial town of Savannakhet can be the input and first making contact with Laos. Savannakhet already not indifferent to this city or you love or you get the feeling of having lost one day of travel, we invite you to discover it for yourself.
- Pakse (2-3 days): no doubt the reference point of the South of Laos. You can start the journey to Laos Pakse instead of Savannakhet to have 1 day more. In the surroundings of Pakse we recommend to visit the ruins of Vat Phou and Bolaven Plateau Plateau.
- 4000 Islands of the Mekong (1-2 days): located on the Mekong River in southern Laos near the border with Cambodia, a perfect place to relax and admire the largest Southeast Asian falls.
- Vientiane (2-3 days): the capital of Laos, in the North of the country. Also known as Vientiane Laos here has many things to see and do, the highlight is the visit to the Pha That Luang StupaThe symbol of Laos and national pride.
- Luang Prabang (3-4 days): for years the old capital of Laos, Luang Prabang is the first city in Laos, declared a World Heritage site. To half Road between Luang Prabang and Vientiane is the town of Vang Vieng, old scenario from Parties until dawn, but today is a completely renovated and changed place.
Highlights of Laos: the best of Laos
Laos is a country that stands out for its history, landscapes, culture, traditions, monuments, temples but best of Laos are its people. Lao people is friendly, calm and above all are smiling people.
Any tourist visiting Laos will be welcomed in a very safe and mostly peaceful country.
The highlights of Laos and the best of this country can be listed as follows:
- Temples: called Wat Lao language. There are thousands of Buddhist temples in every corner of Laos, the most beautiful are in Vientiane and Luang Prabang, since they were the home of the Kings of Laos.
- Cataracts: Laos is a country without Beach, however the largest waterfall in Southeast Asia are in Laos. Crystal clear turquoise blue waters fall with force from several hundred meters high.
- Monuments: in addition to the beautiful Wat, Laos possesses incredible monuments like the great stupa of Pha That Luang in Vientiane cover gold.
- Nature: the Mekong River flows through Laos, leaving prints as beautiful as unique, for example the 4000 islands that formed on its way from Phan Don.
- History, past, present and future: neighbouring country with Thailand, Cambodia, Viet Nam and China, for years part of French Indo-China. Turbulent invasions of the Kingdom of Siam (former Thailand), country looted by the Chinese involved in the war of Vientam.
Reasons to visit Laos
Laos together with Myanmar (Burma) are the most unknown countries of Southeast Asia, any traveler, both traveling for free as in an organized tour, wanting to enjoy an authentic tourist experience, Laos is probably one of the best places to fulfill this wish.
The standard of living is Laos is low, that translates into very low prices both in accommodation, food and transportation. With just €30 per day, it is possible to eat, find accommodation and visit monuments and other places of interest.
Laos is a country very safe, the travelers who visit Laos alone have nothing to fear since it is completely safe. Barely there crime and tourists is one more person among people, can visit any city in Laos at night without any fear of robbery.
Interesting Facts about Laos: vaccines, sanitation, electricity, boundaries, money, religion, time and language
These are the most relevant for the traveler who is going on holiday to raise Laos data.