What to see in Luang Prabang?
Attractions in Luang Prabang
Luang Prabang was for years the capital of Laos (currently the capital city of Vientiane). Luang Prabang is a city World Heritage site with mixture of French colonialism and Buddhist touches, it's a quiet town located between the Mekong River and the Nam Khan River, the distances are short and may visit the city walking or bicycling.
- Royal Palace in Luang Prabang: the old residential of the Royal family and currently converted in the Luang Prabang National Museum.
- Wat Mai: located next to the Royal Palace of Luang Prabang, Wat Mai is the largest city Temple in Luang Prabang, built in 1796 currently still operating.
- Alms Ceremony: known as giving alms is a ritual that takes place every morning at dawn to the doors of all the temples in Luang Prabang.
- Phou Si Hill: a hill in just 100 meters opposite the temple Wat Mai and the Royal Palace, where at the top, in addition to a small temple, you can enjoy some amazing views of the city of Luang Prabang in 360 °.
- Wat Xieng Thong: probably the most beautiful of Luang Prabang Temple, located between 2 rivers, decorated with beautiful carvings in wood and colorful mosaics.
- Visitor Center UXO Laos: a small museum as an exhibition on non-exploded ammunition of various wars that have affected to Laos.
- Luang Prabang Night Market: Market Street that settles every night in the historic centre of Luang Prabang, ideal to buy souvenirs and handicrafts of Laos.
- Pak Ou Caves: more than 4000 Buddha statues adorn the interior of some natural caves of a vertical wall of 300 meters in the Mekong River, on the outskirts of Luang Prabang.
- Kuang Si Falls: visit Star of Luang Prabang, the turquoise blue waters falling by some 60 meters high falls on the outskirts of Luang Prabang.
Ideas and places to see in Luang Prabang 2/3 days
To visit the city of Luang Prabang we consider are necessary at least 2 days, being 3 days a very advisable option. These are our ideas for places to visit and tour by Luang Prabang:
- Day 1: tour the historic center of Luang Prabang, visiting the Wat Mai, Then Royal Palace in Luang Prabang to follow the tour from Luang Prabang up to the top of the Phou Si hill and on the way down the hill, a visit to Wat Xieng Thong.
- Day 2: We recommend a bit up early to attend the alms ceremonyThe best place opposite the temple Wat Mai. After the ceremony have to walk to the temple Wat Xieng Thong to hire a captain Laotian combined visit, the first Kuang Si Falls and in the afternoon the Pak Ou Caves.
- Day 3: On the last day an interesting place to visit is the visitor center UXO Laos, Ending the day doing some shopping in the Luang Prabang Night Market.
Tourist map of Luang Prabang
To remember all the things to see and do in Luang Prabang and Luang Prabang we give you this tourist map with street level where they have highlighted monuments, temples and other points of interest in the city of Luang Prabang.
After visiting the city of Luang Prabang Worth
- To do in Vientiane ideas and places to visit in the capital of Laos, Vientiane, Luang Prabang south of
- What to see and do in Pakse Tourist guide to the city of Pakse and southern Laos
- What to see and do in Hanoi We will discover the secrets of Hanoi, capital of Vietnam
- What to see and do in Bangkok ideas travel and tourist guide of the city of Bangkok, Thailand