What to see in Vientiane?
Attractions in Vientiane
Vientiane is the capital of Laos, is a small, quiet town that runs along the Mekong River, front of the border with Thailand. Vientiane, Vientiane call is also a city with Thai and French influence. These are the most important places and sites to see in Vientiane:
- Pha That Luang: the great golden stupa, the symbol of Vientiane and Laos pride.
- patuxai: the victory gate of Vientiane, monument also called the Arc de Triomphe of Vientiane City of clear French influence.
- Haw Pha Kaeo Temple: one of the most beautiful temples in the city of Vientiane, surrounded by gardens.
- Wat Sisaket: the oldest temple in Vientiane, the only thing that survived the invasion of the Kingdom of Siam.
- Wat Si Muang: the central axis of the city, place from where began to expand and grow the Laotian capital.
- Park the Chao Anouvong: a new green space in the heart of Vientiane, along the Mekong River.
- Presidential Palace in Vientiane: a style building of Beaux Arts style located in the main avenue of the city of Vientiane.
- That Dam Stupa: the black stupa in Vientiane, characteristic color acquired after the robbery of the Golden plates covering the monument.
- The night market: main shopping point oriented tourism which settles and collects each night along the mekong River.
- COPE: an excellent example of human goodness, an NGO that is dedicated to help those affected by bombings during the Viet Nam war.
- Nam Phou: the fountain and plaza Nam Phou, a lively place at nightfall with restaurants, bars and music live.
- Xieng Khuan Buddha Park: on the outskirts of Vientiane, a Dantesque Park with hundreds of scattered sculptures.
What to see and do in Vientiane in 2 days / 3 days
It is best to go early in the morning to the stupa Pha That LuangAfter visiting the stupa and castle Wat That Luang Neua turn back to the center of Vientiane, stopping at the monument patuxai. In the afternoon, one of the highlights are the temples Haw Pha Kaeo and Wat Sisaket, Facing each other. Back at the hotel, may be the That Dam Stupa and dinner in the square Nam Phou.
The next day touches move to the Xieng Khuan Buddha Park ( very close Friendship Bridge between Thailand and Laos). After a visit to Buddha Park, the next thing to do is visit the temple Wat Si Muang and visitor center COPE. To end the day, nothing better than starting the walk through the Park the Chao Anouvong starting from Presidential Palace in Vientiane to end the day doing some shopping in the night Market.
Tourist map of Vientiane
Not to lose detail of the things Things to do in Vientiane and what Things to do in Vientiane we leave this tourist map with street level where they have highlighted monuments, temples and other points of interest in the city of Vientiane.